Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Need a fun all body workout?!

rock climbing   
n.  The sport or activity of climbing sheer rock faces, especially by means of specialized techniques and equipment.

This has been a hobby of mine for about 3 years now, and for 2 years during my college years I worked at the rock climbing wall at the University Recreational Center. 

I absolutely love this sport, it is great for males and females of all ages, and it completely works you out all over! Last night I went indoor climbing with some of my old staff members, and I hadn't been climbing in 2 months, so I broke in a few blisters on my hands and my arms are wondering what in the world happened last night!? Soreness!

We went to Dallas Rocks located near the Galleria in Dallas. It is an awesome gym for lead climbing, top roping, and has bouldering problems that will make you scared of heights. This gym is challenging, but do-able. There is also a slide at the top of one of the walls that you get to slide down when you top out on a route, it's the only way down!


No comments:

Post a Comment